Society is dependent on information which is digitally encoded. Some of this digitally encoded capital is ephemeral but much is needed for the short, medium or long term. This sites brings together information about how you can ensure that your valuable digital holdings can be accessible, usable and valuable over whatever timescale you need.
This site brings together results in a number of related websites each dedicated to:
- Fundamental concepts of digital preservation embodied in ISO 14721 (OAIS)
- Information about and training for ISO audit and certification of repositories which wish to prove themselves trustworthy (ISO16363)
- An integration and evaluation of the results of worldwide research in digital preservation (APA)
- Specialised tools and services which can supplement a repository’s capability to make it certification ready (SCIDIP-ES)
- Global expertise for consultancy in digital preservation (Giaretta Associates)