Society is dependent on information which is digitally encoded. Some of this digitally encoded capital is ephemeral but much is needed for the short, medium or long term. This sites brings together information about how you can ensure that your valuable digital holdings can be accessible, usable and valuable over whatever timescale you need.
This site brings together results in a number of related websites each dedicated to:
- Fundamental concepts of digital preservation embodied in ISO 14721 (OAIS)
- The draft of version 3 of OAIS is available at the CCSDS site.
- This will be going through formal review by CCSDS/ISO.
- The Word file has tracked changes containing comments with references to the http://review.oais.info website so that SC#22 refers to http://review.oais.info/show_bug.cgi?id=22 which contains the discussion and resolution of the change
- Information about and training for ISO audit and certification of repositories which wish to prove themselves trustworthy (ISO16363)
- Global expertise for consultancy in digital preservation (Giaretta Associates)